Professional Relo




Professional Relo


Professional Relo


Work Permit non-EU and Visa-Italy

We are specialized in work visa in Italy. The maximum total period of stay permitted in the Schengen Area for business or tourism is 90 days within a given 180 day period. In case the non-EU citizen is not subject to any visa obligation, he/she will enter Italy without any pre-arrival process. On the contrary, should the non-EU citizen be required to obtain a visa before entering Europe, he/she will have to apply for a short-term Entry Visa, for tourism or business, known as Schengen Visa, at the Italian Consulate in the country of residence/origin.


Professional Relo is specialized on corporate immigration services and supports high-skilled professionals moving to Italy. We mainly process the following type of Work Permit:

• Art. 27 Letter A or quinquies/sexies – Secondment
• Art. 27 Quater – Blue Card
• Art. 27 Letter F – Internship
• Art. 27 Letter I – Tender Contract
• Art. 27 Letter C and 27 Ter – University Professors and Research Professors
• Art. 26 – Self-Employment

The non-EU national intending to work and stay in Italy more than 90 days must have a Work Permit (Nulla Osta Lavoro). The Work Permit cannot be applied by the home-based company nor by the Employee. Its request must be done by the Italian Employer and, for this reason, it is essential that our Immigration Specialists are in direct contact with local HR. Work permits are administrated nationally, nevertheless procedure implementation, processing time and documents required may vary even city to city. The average issuing time is 2 months, however please ask Professional Relo’s Immigration Specialist to know what applies to your destination city.

Work permits are issued by the provincial Labour Immigration Office (Sportello Unico per l’Immigrazione – S.U.I.) following the submission of plenty of documents and information, to be provided by the Employers in the home and host country as well as by the transferred/seconded Employee. Based on the type of permit required (e.g. Blue Card, intra-company secondment and tender contract) and the destination city, Professional Relo will detail the documentation to be provided by the home-based Employer, the host-based Employer and the Employee.

Work permits are generally issued within 6 to 12 weeks, depending on the city.
Once the Italian Employer has obtained the work permit for its Employee, the latter may apply, within 4 months, for the Work Visa at the Italian Consulate of his/her country of origin or residency. A Work Visa for Italy is generally issued within 2 to 30 days, depending on the consulate/country or the period of the year. Once the visa has been stamped on the Employee’s passport, he/she is ready to fly to Italy, where, within 8 days after his/her arrival, he/she will sign the “Job Contract” at the Labour Immigration Office (S.U.I.).


via Torri Bianche 3
Palazzo Larice, piano 4
20871 Vimercate (MB), Italy

Tel: +39 02 82 94 4400


P.IVA/Cod.Fisc.: 12526640151

Capitale sociale € 10.500 interamente versato
Registro Imprese 163823\1998 - REA 1562937


Quality certification
In 2014, on its 20th anniversary, Professional Relo was awarded with the EuRA (European Relocation Association) Global Quality Seal, the world's first accreditation programme for relocation service providers. Professional Relo is the first relocation company in Italy achieving the European GQS.