Professional Relo




Professional Relo


Professional Relo


Health care


How do I get registered with the National Health System (SSN)?

Have always the right to get registered with the public health system because they pay contribution in Italy. Registration has validity based on the kind of job contract and city of destination. Family members living with the employee have the same right as long as the family relationships can be proved (Marriage and Birth Certificates with appropriate translations and legalizations).

Have the right to get registered with the public health system only if they can provide their A1 and S1 forms, to be requested in the Country where social contribution is paid for the employee.
• A1: shall be requested by the Company abroad and sent to the Company in Italy;
• S1/E106: shall be requested by the employee, shall include all family members and shall be produced in original.
The right for public health coverage is in this case granted by virtue of a bilateral agreement between the two Countries, calling for Italy being reimbursed by the Country abroad. Usually S1 coverage has one-year validity, which however may vary from city to city.

Have the right to get registered with the public health system whenever:
• a bilateral agreement is in place between their pay-roll country and Italy;
• a bilateral agreement is not in place between their pay-roll country and Italy but the home company pays contribution in both countries or the Employee pays contribution autonomously in Italy.
Once registered with the National Health System (S.S.N.), applicants will get a Health Care Card (Tessera Sanitaria) entitling them for medical assistance by paying a contribution (called TICKET), the amount of which varies according to the region they live in and the type of medical care/examination required.

Am I entitled to have a family doctor and a paediatrician for my children?
Yes you are. Once registered, the Italian public health care system also allows to choose a general practitioner (Medico di Base) and a paediatrician, who might not speak English.

Health care coverage while travelling to Italy.
If you are a EU citizen travelling to Italy, please make sure you have applied for a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) in your home country to benefit from emergency services covered by the Italian National Health Care System. If you are a non-EU citizen, please note that you will need a private health insurance coverage, valid for the duration of your stay.


via Torri Bianche 3
Palazzo Larice, piano 4
20871 Vimercate (MB), Italy

Tel: +39 02 82 94 4400


P.IVA/Cod.Fisc.: 12526640151

Capitale sociale € 10.500 interamente versato
Registro Imprese 163823\1998 - REA 1562937


Quality certification
In 2014, on its 20th anniversary, Professional Relo was awarded with the EuRA (European Relocation Association) Global Quality Seal, the world's first accreditation programme for relocation service providers. Professional Relo is the first relocation company in Italy achieving the European GQS.