16 November 2020
The new Prime Ministerial Decree (DPCM) issued on November 3, 2020, has introduced new measures which will be valid from November 6 through December 3.
A nationwide overnight curfew has been instituted, from 10.0pm to 5.00am. During these hours it is forbidden to leave your home except for the already known reasons (proven working needs, situations of necessity, health reasons).
As per our communication n°. 14, cinemas, theatres, amusement arcades, bingo halls, gyms and pools are closed, as are shopping centres at weekends.
Public transportation is limited to 50% capacity.
Distance learning has been extended to all secondary schools.
It is recommended to limit public transportation and private vehicle use and encourage remote work.
Under a new differentiated approach, Italy has been divided into 3 zones (red, orange and yellow), depending on the risk of contagion.
Four regions have been put under red zone lockdown:
- Valle D’Aosta
Below is a list of the containment measures that have been implemented in Lombardy and will be in force for at least 15 days from November 6:
- Prohibition of movement in and out of the region and within municipalities, except for the above-mentioned, already known reasons
- Closure of all shops, except for food shops (including markets), newsstands, tobacco shops, pharmacies and parapharmacies
- Closure of bars, restaurants, ice cream parlours, pastry shops etc.; takeaway services are allowed until 10.00pm; ban on consumption on the spot or nearby; no restrictions on home delivery
- Closure of beauty salons; barber shops, hairdressers and laundries remain open.
- Distance learning from the 7th grade
- Distance learning for all university curricula, with very few exceptions
- Suspension of sports, with the exception of those recognized as of national interest.
- Individual physical activities are allowed outdoors, close to home, and in accordance with such rules as emphasized in our previous communication
The Ministry of Health will monitor epidemiological data and the situation in each region, with periodical updates.